CJAC Fundraiser: Going Digital with Community History, Oct 28
VIP reception at 6:30pm: $100 per person or $500 for six people. Community reception 7pm: $50 per person. You can purchase tickets online or RSVP by October 20 by emailing [email protected] or calling (612) 703-2167.
Celebrate the rich cultural legacy of our Celtic community as we preserve the past and forge the future.
Come celebrate the opening of the beautiful McKiernan Library and support the Library’s goal of creating a digital archive of local Irish community history. This year’s event will focus specifically on the exciting potential of creating our own searchable collection of digital resources accessible online. Such a collection could include:
- Audio: oral history recordings, music, radio interviews...
- Text: oral history transcripts, archives of digital community newsletters such as those of CIM or IMDA,...
- Photos: community members, concerts, sessions, special events, pubs, dances,...
- Videos: music, dance, interviews, hurling, sheep dogs, TV interviews,....
- Digitized print materials: concert or festival posters, digitized print newsletters,...
- Curated digital exhibitions: on particular community history themes illustrated by photos, sound recordings and other digital resources.
6:30 pm – VIP Reception ($100 per person; $500 for six)
Join us for a special VIP reception with open bar and hors d'oeuvres. Enjoy live Irish harp music by Chad McAnally with a private tour of the library and a sneak peek of special items in the collection presented by our librarian, Brian Miller.
7:00 pm – Community Reception ($50 per person)
Enjoy the craic! Join us and your friends for lively session music along with snacks, drinks, and specially selected book baskets for sale.
7:30-10:00 pm – Program
Celebrate Celtic Junction Arts Center and the Eoin McKiernan Library's growing success. Co-founder Natalie Nugent O'Shea and librarian Brian Miller will recap our work so far and our exciting plan for creating a digital archive of local Irish community history. A live auction will feature one-of-a-kind opportunities to support the community outreach, web development and staffing needed to make this goal a reality.
If you cannot attend and want to support the Celtic Junction Arts Center and the Eoin McKiernan Library, please visit us on our CJAC page at GiveMN.org.