Minnesota Irish Music Weekend, June 12-14
- Joanie Madden - tin whistle
- Mick Mulcahy - accordion
- Louise Mulcahy - flute, whistle, uilleann pipes
- Michelle Mulcahy - harp, fiddle, piano
- Bridget Fitzgerald - song
- Sean Clohessy - fiddle
Presented by the CIM, the Minnesota Irish Music Weekend is a unique festival that pairs world-class traditional Irish musicians and teachers with learners of all ages and abilities for a weekend of workshops, lectures, the Friday night Great Session Experience and a rare and virtuosic Saturday night concert featuring the visiting artists.
- Children's Program for students ages 7 to 11 (beginner level)
- Irish Trad Immerson Camp for students ages 9-12 (intermediate level)
- Teen Program for students from ages 12-19 (intermediate to advanced level)
- Adult Program offering a wide a variety of 80-minute workshops and lectures on fiddle, flute, whistle, piano, guitar accompaniment, traditional song, sean-nós dance, concertina and more.
Registration will be open in early spring. Register before June 1st for discounts.
Friday, June 12
The Great Session Experience - Friday, June 12th, 7-9pm at the Celtic Junction, free
This event will bring together the Twin Cities Irish music community with six simultaneous sessions, including one dedicated to song. This event is free and open to the public. Wine, beer and snacks will be available for purchase at the bar.
Saturday, June 13
MIM Master Concert - Saturday, June 13th, 7:30pm at the Celtic Junction featuring visiting artists from Ireland. Don't miss the signature event of the Minnesota Irish Music weekend!
Pre-concert Dinner* & Session - Saturday, June 13th, 5:30-7:00pm
Tickets can be purchased for individual events and in packages as soon as registration opens. *Pre-orders for dinner are required as we will have the dinner catered. Order dinner on the registration form.